Assistant Project Manager (Manchester)
We are looking for individuals with a couple of years’ experience to join our growing project management team in Manchester. You will assist in the delivery of project management advice on various projects in the public and private sector, whether new build, refurbishments or fit-outs. This is a full time and permanent role.
What does the role involve?
- Support in the preparation of appointment documents for consultants.
- Set up the internal QA filing system.
- Produce the project directory and the project meeting schedule.
- Arrange meetings and workshops and produce agendas and minutes, as necessary.
- Support in the preparation of the brief and Employers Requirements.
- Produce the Project Execution Plans (PEP).
- Produce the risk registers/logs and risk workshop reviews.
- Support in value engineering reviews and workshops.
- Support in the production of the master programme and monitor progress.
- Support in the production of monthly reports and monitor progress.
- Produce the weekly/fortnightly dashboard reports.
- Support in producing the procurement strategy report.
- Support in tendering and procurement of the projects.
- Support in the production of Gateway documents and Governance papers
- Support in the implementation of change control.
- Set up the change control template and change control log.
- Set up the project manager’s instructions (PMI) template and register/log.
- Set up the contract administrators’ instructions (CAI) template and register/log.
- Set up the employers’ agent instructions (EAI) template and register/log.
- Carry out post contract administration duties in accordance with the building contract.
- Production and issuing of the certificates in accordance with the building contract – sectional completion, practical completion, end of defects etc.
- Site visits and inspections of work to date and health and safety on site.
- Define project escalation channels and support enforcing them.
- Support in the snagging process and inspections and handover process.
- Prepare the defects schedule and administer closing out the defects.
- Support in the post project review discussions and the negotiation of the final accounts.
- Always take personal responsibility for the health and safety of self and others by working within the Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Any other duties as reasonably required of the role.
What skills and experience might a person need to undertake this this role?
- Qualified in relevant construction related degree.
- Two years plus, relevant experience within the construction industry and commercial awareness of the construction process.
- Achieved or actively working towards Chartership.
- Technical knowledge in all main areas of Project Management.
- A client-centric outlook, with an ambition to deliver projects meeting client objectives.
- Ability to deliver a small to medium size project with minor support from senior staff.
- Awareness of CDM and construction Health & Safety.
- Experience of using a wide range of Microsoft Office packages including Microsoft Project.
- Confident and proactive approach to work and self-development.
- Ability to effectively manage own time, tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to competently support team members.
- Ability to build relationships quickly and effectively.
- Attention to detail and highly organised.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to work well both individually and as part of a team .
What makes a Fulkers person?
What’s in it for you?
As well as our relaxed culture, friendly team, and exciting projects, you’ll also receive:
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Car allowance (where applicable)
- Health cover from day one and times two salary death in service benefit
- Opportunity to earn annual bonus.
- Annual salary review
- Paid membership fees for relevant professional bodies
- Company pension
- 33 days holiday, including bank holidays, which increases once you have completed five years’ service.
- A day off work on your birthday
- Career development and training opportunities.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to our Group Director in Manchester, Nick Gregory: firstname.lastname@example.org