Principal Designer / CDM Advisor
As a Principal Designer/CDM Advisor you will working on a range of high profile projects in London and the South East. You will be involved in critical design aspects of projects right from the start, working within a quality team to deliver high quality projects
- Perform Principal Designer duties in accordance with CDM 2015
- Provide a role as CDM Advisor to Clients and Contractors
- Advise Project Design Team, members including client organisations, on Health and Safety risk management matters.
- Review projects and designs – on an array of Pre-construction Health and Safety matters
- Collate, organise and assist the client in providing Pre-Construction Information.
- Manage and co-ordinate the Health and Safety aspects during the Pre-Construction
- Critically appraise Design Risk Assessments submitted by Project Design Team.
- Assist with the completion of Design Risk Assessments.
- Preparation of health and safety project documentation
- Carrying out health and safety inspections and auditing and site inspections
- Attending design, pre-construction meetings
- Assisting in carrying out design risk reviews
- Identifying and managing design related risks within design and construction
- Communicating effectively with contractors, designers and clients
- Reviewing and monitoring designers’ compliance
- Plan, coordinate and manage the pre-construction phase of projects
- Always take personal responsibility for the health and safety of others by working within the Health and Safety policy and procedures
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
- Hands on working knowledge of CDM2015 implementation
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction
- Membership of Association of Project Safety (IMaPS desirable)
- Certified Member of the APS or working towards
- Experience in providing advice to help develop risk responses and plans to eliminate the risks on projects or within existing facilities.
- Membership of IOSH at Tech or higher
- Comfortable in a client facing role
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to produce your own documentation based on our standards
- Ability to organise, manage your time efficiently in the delivery of the services for multiple projects at any one time.
If you have any questions about this role or would like to submit your CV for consideration, then please contact Colin Morton (Head of Health & Safety) email@example.com