Senior Quantity Surveyor
We are looking for a full-time and permanent Senior Quantity Surveyors who want to join a dynamic and expanding teams in central London or Bristol. We would like someone who has experience in leading a project from feasibility to completion.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor’s role is to take the commercial lead in the delivery of projects, from inception to completion. The role involves working with project team to allow projects to be delivered safely on time and to budget and ensuring high levels of client satisfaction, whilst supporting the development of assistants and intermediate surveyors.
What does the role involve?
- Oversee project measurements using Cost-X and BIM.
- Oversee and produce cost plans.
- Produce option studies.
- Undertake benchmarking activities and input costs into data bases.
- Research and review market data outputs and reports.
- Oversee and produce life cycle cost plans.
- Oversee and produce cash flow forecasts.
- Produce/input into risk registers, including costings.
- Oversee and produce value engineering and value management reports.
- Oversee and contribute to the production of the procurement report.
- Oversee and contribute to the preparation of tender documentation.
- Oversee and contribute to production of bill of quantities/pricing documents.
- Oversee the tender process.
- Oversee and produce tender evaluations and tender reports.
- Manage the negotiation of the contract.
- Oversee and produce the production and collation of contract documents.
- Organise and attend site visits and meetings with colleagues, clients, and other consultants.
- Oversee and produce Interim and final assessment of valuations.
- Oversee and produce cost reports.
- Manage the change control process.
- Oversee and undertake the evaluation of post contract variations.
- To provide the following if appointed as the contractor administrator: or employers agent:
- Set up instructions (CAI) template and register/log.
- Manage and support the project team on snagging inspections.
- Production and issuing of the certificates in accordance with the building contract – sectional completion, practical completion, end of defects etc.
- Carry out post contract administration duties in accordance with the building contract.
- Manage negotiation of final accounts.
- Review and settle disputes/ loss and expense claims.
- Undertake comp checks of financial documents.
- Follow Practice procedures concerning quality assurance.
- Supporting and training and development Assistants and Surveyors.
- Maintain and support good client working relationships acting a main point of contact for queries as necessary.
- Support Associate Directors with resource management, fee management and reporting.
- Undertake the production of fee bids with the support of the Bid Team and Associate Directors.
- Ensure internal systems are kept updated e.g., Union Square, finance and resource trackers and timely sign off of invoices.
- Always take personal responsibility for the health and safety of self and others by working within the Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Any other duties as reasonably required of the role.
What skills and experience might a person need to undertake this this role?
- Ideally Chartered accreditation with at least two years post qualification experience.
- At least eight years plus, relevant experience working within the construction industry in a similar discipline.
- Ability to deliver larger and more complex projects through the whole project lifecycle.
- Excellent experience based technical/project knowledge.
- Ability to delegate tasks to others within the team and support their work.
- Support junior members of the team with mentoring and development.
- Development of leadership and management skills.
- Ability to manage fees and assist with fee bids.
- Generate new work through the management of client relations.
- Ability to work on own initiative to drive to generate new business.
- Understanding of the account management process.
- Ability to analyse projects and report performance to line manager.
- Excellent knowledge of internal systems and processes in order to advise and guide others.
- Excellent knowledge of CDM and construction Health and Safety.
What makes a Fulkers person?
What’s in it for you?
As well as our relaxed culture, friendly team, and exciting projects, you’ll also receive:
- Highly competitive salary
- Car allowance (where applicable)
- Health cover from day one and times two salary death in service benefit
- Opportunity to earn annual bonus.
- Annual salary review
- Paid membership fees for relevant professional bodies
- Company pension
- 33 days holiday, including bank holidays, which increases once you have completed five years’ service.
- A day off work on your birthday
- Career development and training opportunities.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com.