Why work for us? Here at Fulkers Bailey Russell, our people and our culture are extremely important.
We pride ourselves on having a relaxed and friendly culture in our offices, all of which are open plan. That way everyone is approachable (from our admin team to our directors) which enables a relaxed and collaborative working environment.
In our recent staff survey, as well as the diversity and prestige of the work on offer, the people and culture were cited as the two top reasons people liked most about working here. Here are some of the comments:
Anais Seijas – Architectural Technician
“I have been working at Fulkers Bailey Russell for a year and a half now and so far it has been a very exciting experience which has expanded my knowledge in the architectural field”
As well as working as part of great team, you can also expect the following when you work for Fulkers Bailey Russell:
- Highly competitive salary
- Car allowance
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays). This increases by an additional day once you have completed five years’ service
- A day off on your birthday
- Health cover and x2 salary death in service benefit (once probation is passed)
- Opportunity to earn annual bonus up to 10% of salary
- Annual salary review
- Paid membership fees for relevant professional bodies
- Company pension
- Career development and training opportunities
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Due to our continuing success and growth, we are now looking for a talented Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor to join and manage our Cost Management team, where you will be working in a multi-disciplinary consultancy office based in London
We can offer a variety of exciting projects in higher education, healthcare, local authority, commercial, retail, schools and public services sectors
- Running projecting and plans and manages own work and oversees the work of assigned junior staff.
- Manage projects from inception to completions
- Production of feasibility studies and estimates from minimal design information, through to detailed cost plans. Evaluate costs and advise on alternative proposals
- Provide advice on procurement and contract arrangements
- Manage procurement process
- Advise architects and engineers on the cost implications of different construction methods, alternative choices of materials and size and quality of the project to ensure that each element is reconciled with the cost plan allowance and the overall project remains within budget
- Manage the costs of projects during the construction stage and negotiate final accounts
- Lead from the front as regards to client facing meetings, dealing with multi-disciplined teams and project delivery
- Degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent)
- MRICS Chartered or planning on sitting your APC in 2020
- Commercially focused and ideally with experience of the consultancy/outsourcing/construction sector
- Excellent understanding of cost planning, value engineering and procurement
- Comfortable with running meetings and presenting
If you have any questions about this role or would like to submit your CV for consideration, then please contact Laura Noel email@example.com
Senior Project Manager (Freelance or Permanent)
Location: East Sussex
We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior PM with who can both deliver projects and provide management of a team, ideally you will have experience of the Higher Education (HE) sector.
You will be working for one of our long standing HE clients working on projects that vary in size from £100k up to £10m. Management services will include a PM strategic overview of the Campus Capital plan and overall financial management of the projects, interface, management and support to the directly employed PMs and consultants on the HE Framework contracts.
- Excellent communicator
- Well organised
- Team player
- Detail conscious
- Technical and management experience in successfully delivering projects.
If you would like to apply for this role please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please
Finance Assistant (competitive salary, permanent part time role, hours and day negotiable (min 22.5 hours per week))
Location: Bristol City Centre
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual to join our finance team, supporting the Head of Finance to help deliver day to day and monthly finance activities across all our UK based offices.
The role has a focus on credit control and sales ledger. You will be working closely with the project managers to make sure our income is forecast accurately, invoiced and paid on time. As such, good communication skills are essential.
You might be studying for or have completed AAT and are looking for that first move into finance or you may already have a background in finance and are looking for a varied role with the opportunity to gain AAT qualifications. This is a new role at an exciting time of growth for the business so there is an opportunity to make it your own
- Sales ledger administration
- Overseeing credit control for the group
- Overseeing the new purchase order process
- Updating our project accounting system
- Preparing management reports on debtors, fee forecasts and project profitability
- Providing financial insights for the project managers
- Assisting with the production of the statutory returns
- Ad-hoc duties/projects as required
- At least two years’ experience working in a similar finance role
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ideally studying AAT or similar qualification
- Experience of Xero or similar online accounting system
- Able to adapt communication style to suit audience
- Proven ability to meet goals and assigned deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees
- Creative problem solving and the ability to develop alternative solutions
- Highly organised, self-motivated with an attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and always get the job done
If you have any questions about this role or would like to submit your CV for consideration, then please contact Andy Tribe (Head of Finance) email@example.com
We are always looking to hear from people who would like to work for us, even if we don’t currently have any vacancies.
If you currently work in any of the below roles or are looking for the next step up in your career then please email your CV to our Head of HR, Laura Noel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Project Manager (or Assistant or Senior)
- Quantity Surveyor (or Assistant or Senior)
- Building Surveyor (or Assistant or Senior)
- Architect (or Senior or Technician)
- CDM, Principle Designer or H&S related disciplines
We also aim to offer a limited number of graduate roles and apprenticeships in PM/QS/BS each year where possible so please let us know if this may be of interest to you.