London South Bank University, Electric House
London South Bank University employed our team to provide professional services to the redevelopment of this 56,000ft² office into new academic teaching and communal spaces. The building, known as Electric House, is situated within the Central Croydon Conservation Area. The site is Grade II listed and was constructed as electricity showrooms and offices in 1939.
The works will include significant internal alterations in connection with the future use of the building, making good of various existing features, external alterations as well as remove of existing plant machinery from the roof and installation of new plant and machinery.
The ground floor serves as the main reception area, utilising the existing courtyard, a main café, Student Services and Book Collection service, as well as private meeting rooms and study spaces. The rest of the building will be largely formal and informal teaching spaces.