Senior Project Manager
Come and join a dynamic and forward-thinking practice delivering consultancy services to a broad spectrum of clients in the construction industry.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Project Manager to join our London or Brighton office on a permanent and full-time basis. The Senior Project Manager role consists of autonomously leading and managing construction projects from inception to completion, without supervision and with minimal guidance from line management. The role involves working collaboratively with a varied team of construction professionals and stakeholders to allow projects to be delivered safely on time, and to budget whilst ensuring high levels of client satisfaction.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in establishing and running a project management office (PMO), as this role will be heavily involved in delivering PMO function for our clients. Experience in the commercial, higher education and public sectors would be ideal. Read more about our PMO function.
What does the role involve?
- Manage projects of varied size and complexity, undertaking the day-to-day project activities of a Project Manager, but providing Senior support and representation on projects where required.
- Supporting other senior members of staff in project delivery and internal processes.
- Guide and direct project team members to ensure compliance with our Company set standards, procedures, and guidelines.
- Undertake strategic oversight of the project.
- Support Associate Directors with resource management, fee management and reporting.
- Maintain and support good client working relationships acting a main point of contact for queries, as necessary.
- Undertake review of lessons learnt, implementing changes for future improvements.
- Ensure internal systems are kept updated e.g., Union Square, finance and resource trackers and timely sign off of invoices.
- Support in conflict resolution.
- Internal governance such as reviews of flash reports and senior signatories on approved documents.
- Ensure compliance with client gateways and their governance processes.
- Oversee and support junior colleagues work on projects where appropriate.
- Undertake the production of fee bids with the support of the Bid Team and Associate Directors.
- Actively involved in mentoring and training internal staff and CPD activities.
- Identification the project Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Interfacing and working collaboratively with the client and other consultants.
- Observe Health & Safety provision in the working environment and CDM 2015 regulations including escalating any HSE issues.
- Always take personal responsibility for the health and safety of myself and others by working within the Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Any other duties as reasonably required of the role.
What skills and experience might a person need to undertake this this role?
- Ideally Chartered accreditation with at least two years post qualification experience.
- At least eight years’ relevant experience working within the construction industry in a similar discipline.
- Ability to deliver larger and more complex projects through the whole project lifecycle.
- Excellent experience based technical/project knowledge.
- Ability to delegate tasks to others within the team and support their work.
- Support junior members of the team with mentoring and development.
- Development of leadership and management skills.
- Ability to manage fees and assist with fee bids.
- Generate new work through the management of client relations.
- Ability to work on own initiative to drive to generate new business.
- Understanding of the account management process.
- Ability to analyse projects and report performance to line manager.
- Excellent knowledge of internal systems and processes in order to advise and guide others.
- Excellent knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety.
What makes a Fulkers person?
What’s in it for you?
As well as our relaxed culture, friendly team, and exciting projects, you’ll also receive:
- Highly competitive salary
- Car allowance (where applicable)
- Health cover from day one and times two salary death in service benefit
- Opportunity to earn annual bonus.
- Annual salary review
- Paid membership fees for relevant professional bodies
- Company pension
- 33 days holiday, including bank holidays, which increases once you have completed five years’ service.
- A day off work on your birthday
- Career development and training opportunities.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com