We are looking for full-time and permanent Building Surveyors to join our Bristol, London, Kent or Brighton offices. The Building Surveyor role consists of working with Senior Building Surveyors and Associates to ensure that projects and tasks from outset to completions. The role involves working collaboratively with a varied team of construction professionals and stakeholders to allow projects and tasks to be delivered safely on time, and to budget whilst ensuring high levels of client satisfaction.
As What does the role involve?
- Undertake measured surveys and site inspections.
- Preparing existing and proposed plans in CAD format, managing the review of existing and proposed plans.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of project administration and coordination, including implementation of duties.
- Preparation of project design and specifications.
- Experience with acting as Contract Administrator and/or Employers Agent.
- Preparation of tender documentation, tender evaluations, and tender recommendations.
- Managing projects of varied size and complexity.
- Support in providing contractual advice pre and post contract to other design team members and clients.
- Managing and working with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Act as lead designer.
- Managing and coordinating site visits and surveys.
- Undertaking general day to day project duties.
- Preparation of Feasibility reports.
- Preparation of Building Regulation and planning applications.
- Assisting senior surveyors and associate directors with professional matters including but not limited to Party Wall Matters, Acquisition and Condition Surveys and Dilapidations.
- Maintaining technical working understanding of Buildings, construction, management, and operations, including their defects, and assist with the technical knowledge of other colleagues.
- Assisting in general office duties including such as preparing time sheets and attending weekly meetings.
- Managing progress meetings.
- Support the Senior Surveyors and Associate Directors keeping them informed of progress.
- Always take personal responsibility for the health and safety of self and others by working within the Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
What skills and experience might a person need to undertake this this role?
- Five years plus relevant experience.
- Degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent).
- Achieved or working towards MRICS or MCIOB.
- To maintain the requirements for CPD as set out by the RICS and abide by all RICS rules and regulations.
- Experience of working within the construction industry and commercial awareness of the construction process.
- Excellent technical grounding in all main areas of building surveying.
- A client-centric outlook, with an ambition to deliver projects meeting client objectives cost effectively.
- Experience of using a wide range of Microsoft Office packages and experience in using industry standard processes and systems.
- Ability to deliver a project with minor support from senior staff.
- Able to effectively manage own time, tasks and meet deadlines.
- Able to network and willingness to contribute towards business development.
- Able to efficiently delegate tasks to assistants through the development of leadership skills.
- Able to competently support assistants.
- Attending meetings with colleagues and line manager.
- Able to competently support senior team members.
- To comply with all office administration and technical procedures.
What makes a Fulkers person?
What’s in it for you?
As well as our relaxed culture, friendly team, and exciting projects, you’ll also receive:
- Highly competitive salary
- Car allowance (where applicable)
- Health cover from day one and times two salary death in service benefit
- Opportunity to earn annual bonus.
- Annual salary review
- Paid membership fees for relevant professional bodies
- Company pension
- 33 days holiday, including bank holidays, which increases once you have completed five years’ service.
- A day off work on your birthday
- Career development and training opportunities.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to our Head of HR, Laura Noel: firstname.lastname@example.org